MAKING THE WEB A BETTER PLACE, ONE PUBLICATION AT A TIME.

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Trini Kid - - 0 comments

Sup Travellers?! I'm not a big fan of sushi and I don't intend on becoming a fan anytime soon especially after reading about what happened to a Chinese man the other day from Guangdong province.

According to reports from NY Post an x-ray revealed the Chinese man’s insides were crawling with tapeworm parasites because the raw fish he ate had been contaminated.

The man from Guangdong province had earlier gone to a hospital complaining of stomach pains, before the horrific find.

Live tapeworm larvae (coenuri) are sometimes ingested by consuming undercooked food. Once inside the digestive tract, a larva can grow into a very large adult tapeworm

The infection could have been threatening for the man especially if it had reached the brain but luckily enough, the doctors were able to save the man's life.

Obviously this story isn't a reason to stop eating sushi but you should take certain precautions to ensure that you don't eat contaminated sushi. I would hate to have those little wiggly parasites inside me. Just thinking about it is making me sick [BLEHHHH!!! LOL]. Anyway, my name is Trinikid and you've just been informed.