MAKING THE WEB A BETTER PLACE, ONE PUBLICATION AT A TIME.

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Trini Kid - - 0 comments


Sup Travellers?! Phones usually don't just spontaneously burst into flames especially phones that cost more than 400 USD. So the incident which had beset 13-year-old Ariel Tolfree of North Texas came as quite a surprise. 

According to reports from MyFox, Ariel was awoken in the night by a smoldering Samsung S4 on the other side of her pillow. 

"The whole phone melted,” said her dad, Thomas. “The plastic, the glass. You can't even really tell that it was a phone.”

Tolfree says her phone slipped under her pillow as she fell asleep, and the smell of something burning woke her up in the night.

“I didn't think much of it, so I went back to sleep, and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” said Tolfree. 

So what caused the phone to catch a fire? Well, it was apparently the battery but don't go throwing away your Samsung phone just yet. The battery that was in the phone was reportedly not the original Samsung battery but a faulty replacement that had swollen within.

Samsung does point out that IT WAS ALL ARIEL'S FAULT because she hadn't read the warnings given to all consumers of Samsung products but they still are taking the liberty of replacing the phone, the bedding, the mattress and pillow.

This is another instance of the fact that cheaper is not always better. But maybe if Samsung could make they batteries a little cheaper then maybe we wouldn't have this problem. Anyway, my name is Trinikid and you've just been informed.