MAKING THE WEB A BETTER PLACE, ONE PUBLICATION AT A TIME.

• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Trini Kid - - 13 comments

Sup Travellers?! Now i'm going to try hard not to insult any specific group here, but men dressing like women? THAT SH*T NEEDS TO STOP!!! Being gay is one thing, but cross dressing is another damn thing all by itself. Even though I personally don't support both dispositions, i'm not going to speak badly of them unless they blatantly and freakishly "jump out" themselves especially in a country like Trinidad. If you're gay or transgender, try not to draw too much attention to yourself, especially in Trinidad. I know my country so I know that that won't end well. If this happened in the US, I wouldn't even bother to write about it. That's a normal thing there, but Trinidad? In Trinidad? That's definitely something you don't see everyday.

According to reports from the Trinidad Express, two men dressed in women’s clothing appeared in the San Fernando Magistrates’ Court Thursday on charges of loitering and resisting  arrest. Nichola Nicholas Paul, 31, and Emmanuella Emmanuel Pinder, 22, pleaded not guilty to the offences. It isn't clear if they were lesbians gays because the information about that wasn't released.

Nichola Nicholas told Magistrate Natalie Diop he worked as a housekeeper and earns $500 a week. He said he lives at Mucurapo Street, San Fernando. The Magistrate, Diop, later granted Nichola Nicholas his own bail for $7,000 to cover both charges and was told to reappear on June 14.

-->

Emmanuella Emmanuel told the court that he was unemployed and lived with his sister at St John’s Road, South Oropouche. He was  granted his own bail of $10,000 to cover both charges and will reappear in court on May 20.

I have never seen a cross dresser in Trinidad. I've been all over Trinidad and I have never seen one... I think. It's either the cross dressers in Trinidad are really good or I have never seen one. I really hope that this isn't a growing trend. If I see a man dressed as woman outside of a play or a skit, I will be forced to take a picture and post it on Trinilol. Anyway, my name is Trinikid and you've just been informed.

13 Responses so far.

1. Anonymous says:

Trinikid, you obviously need to travel outside of Trinidad. You sound very limited.

2. as a trinidadian man.... i find this appalling! You represent the large percentage of trinidadian brethren who are small minded! But as your moniker suggests, you're only a kid. Can't wait for you to grow up and learn a global perspective.

3. Anonymous says:

this rell sick..both of them should be banished!

4. Anonymous says:

I'm still trying to figure out how you manage to never see a cross-dresser in trinidad....Saucy Pow? The many so called "fashion houses/brothels" along the east west corridor? The South "cabanas"?

5. Anonymous says:

And I also don't get why people came to the blog to bash trinikid. Two men tried to publicly pass themselves off as women, loitered, then resisted arrest. Trinidad can be portrayed as conservative in its sexual identity. That is a fact, these men operate on the fringe of what would be considered "normal" in trinidad and they attempted to do so publicly. When it comes to freedoms, they have the freedom to show themselves as long as we let people have the freedom to react to it. You can't just adopt every tom/dick/harry range of behaviors on every world stage, embrace it and call yourselves "enlightened"...steuppsss...

6. Anonymous says:

You really are sad and so too some of your supporters. Have you even bothered to find out if these men feel more comfortable living their lives as women? Do you know if they suffer from gender identity disorder? It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. Clearly you are a fool. Grow up and learn to embrace one of our nation's watchwords- tolerance- perhaps the most important of the three.

7. Peace says:

Trini kid, I agree with you 100%

I HATE these stupid arguments about gays/transgenders, in Trinidad or otherwise. Personally, I don't care what or who they like, what they do with their body, what they wear and whatever else, just like I don't care what straights do and so on, because they're their bodies and whatever, but in all honesty, don't you think that it makes more sense to keep ur business and activities behind closed doors when you know you're gonna get publicly disgraced if you do them in the open.
    This is such a 'touchy' issue right now. The majority of people have very strong negative views about it, especially the older generations. Obviously if you publicly express yourself like this then you should EXPECT that the public will verbally shoot ur ass down. It's common sense, for both sides. For straights, if you act like a hoe, people will shoot you down because you're a hoe since society frowns on those kind of actions; if you're gay and you publicly express this when you know very damn well that society doesn't accept it, then obviously society will respond in a negative way. Duh.

I know some ppl are gonna hate on what I have 2 say next but I saw a lot of the previous comments touching on this topic. I HATE it when people say that Trinidad is 'small-minded' just because we don't accept the utter nonsense that the US and other 'developed' countries(and I use the term loosely) tolerate. That does not make us 'small minded', it means we're the very small minority of humans who don't follow the ever changing and hopelessly lost 'crowd'.

That is all. :)

8. Anonymous says:

fuck you people who support transgender, homosexuality and whatever nonsense you people say. The Law of Moses said, "You shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination" (Leviticus 18:22; c.f 20:13). The Old Testament (OT) also condemns "sodomites," which were male temple prostitutes (1 Kings 14:24; 15:12; 22:46; 2 Kings 23:7).

The NT is just as clear on this issue as is the OT. In the first chapter of Romans Paul wrote of the many evils mankind has engaged in while suppressing the knowledge of God that He has revealed to them (Romans 1:18-21), one of which was homosexuality. Paul plainly declared: "Because of this [the suppression of truth resulting in idolatry] God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion" (Romans 1:26-27, NIV). Although homosexuality is not named as such here, the act of homosexuality is clearly described. It was in judgment that God allowed men and women to have sexual relations with the same sex, and they received in themselves their due punishment for such indecent acts.

While listing those who would not inherit the kingdom of God, Paul noted that homosexuals will not be saved: "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God (I Corinthians 6:9-10, NET).

so fuck off

9. Anonymous says:

'And thou shalt bugger the young choir boys and abuse them and then deny it and make sure the local bishop and even the pope will deny that too' religion has abusers as priests!
    so as Bob Marley says

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
    I know I'm not perfect
    -and I don't live to be-
    but before you start pointing fingers...
    make sure you hands are clean!”

10. Javon says:

Obviously Trini-kid, you live in a bubble. "You don't know how real people live and how the real world operates".

11. ConfusedatPeoplesSelfContradiction says:

Oh....so he lives in a bubble because he isn't pleased with something that he sees and doesnt accept everything placed in front of him unconditionally.....how dare he...he should be more like you and accept every fringe and deviant thought and action from everyone...that would make him as wise and insightful as you...since you are so accepting of his opinion and consider it to be as equally valid as your own...the real world is subjectively your sphere of operation and influence and your ability to affect changes within it. If you are unable to exercise these changes, then it's obviously not your world...To those berating TriniKid:- Either all opinions and actions are valid and so are his, or you arrogantly believe that it's your role as high horse rider to cast judgement based on what popular culture deems acceptable at that moment, making you an elitist bigot. Pick one...can't have it both ways *wink*

12. Anonymous says:

What about Saucy Pow?

13. Well. That Escalated Quickly.